These easy-to-use honey sticks are filled with pure Yellow Box honey and are perfect for those on the move. Dense in texture yet smooth and delicate in taste, simply tear the straw end and squeeze the honey out into your tea, cereal, smoothie, dessert, or straight into your mouth for a healthy energy boost!
- Pop them in your bag or lunchbox for a snack anytime, anywhere
- Great for sports, catering, offices, cafés and more
- No mess, no fuss
- No preservatives or additives
- No added sugar, colour or flavour
- Pure 100% Australian Yellow Box honey
- Antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits
- Hypo treatment option for diabetics as recommended by Diabetes Victoria
- Recyclable, food-safe wrapping
Yellow Box honey has a low glycaemic and insulin index, which makes it a great sweetener for diabetics. Our Yellow Box Honey straws are sold by Diabetes Victoria as a treatment option for low blood sugar.
Available in packs of 16, each straw contains 12 grams (2 teaspoons) of pure Australian Yellow Box honey.
Bee2 Honey Straws are being sold by Diabetes Victoria as an option for hypo treatment, not as a healthier alternative to sugar.
Honey is a form of added sugar and should be otherwise used in small amounts where it is needed.
Each honey straw contains 10g of carbohydrate. One straw may be appropriate to treat hypos in small children, however, older children, teenagers and adults are likely to need 1 ½-2 straws to adequately treat a hypo.